Low Coniscliffe & Merrybent Parish Council is seeking a part time Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer to work on average 10.5 hours per month. Hours are flexible and can be worked from home to suit the post holder, other than a requirement to attend to support Parish Council meetings, which currently take place on a Tuesday evening every other month. The Clerk is expected to advise the Parish Council to ensure that it acts within its powers and complies with all legal and statutory responsibilities.
The role includes:
• Preparation of agenda and minute taking at Parish Council meetings
• Liaising with the local authority
• Management of accounts, including maintaining financial records, bank reconciliation, preparation of budgets, PAYE, etc.
• Preparation of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return
• Administration of the WPC website, including publication of documentation
• Attendance at ad-hoc meetings as required
Salary: Salary is calculated according to National Joint Council (SCP26) and is currently £1,559 p.a. based on 10.5 contractual hours per month.
Further information can be obtained from Julie Bell, Clerk:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01325 241242
Closing date: 28.2.19